Frequently asked questions
For your convenience, here are some frequently asked questions about TOV from business owners like you and our answers. If you have any other questions or concerns about your Trading Online Voucher application please feel free to contact us.
Government in Ireland gives website grants for small businesses. If you want an online shop, bookings for your services, online courses sold on your website or to boost your online marketing, you can get up to 50% of €5000 (€2500 is a max) for your web project covered while co-funding it with a Local Enterprise Office.
If you spend €2500, you get €1250 back. If you spend €3500, you get €1750 back, spend €5000, get €2500 back.
Search for web developers on Google and email them asking for an ecommerce website quote. If you attach a list of what needs to be done on your website and a deadline, you will get a more specific quote faster. If not sure of what you need, give a web developer a call to clarify your needs.
Think about a website project quote as a checklist of what needs to be done on your website to help your business improve online trading.
But before asking for a quote, think about your business situation right now and where you would like to be instead. Reflect on your goals. What kind of customers would you like to serve? How many and when? How would you like to sell to them? And what kind of products? Maybe some new products and services? Where are your customers physically and online? What could be interesting ways to reach them? How’s your business different and appealing to your customers?
And here’s where your website comes in. A website is just a tool to help you reach business goals. If you reflect on your goals, then a web developer will help you get web tools together to reach those goals.
All websites have common features like a clear navigation, fast loading, being all devices friendly, SEO friendly design, etc. But you may need website features specific to your business, for example, you may want to sell online courses and not physical products; or to have a gallery on your website or an Instagram feed. Talk to your web developer to explore what kind of website is best for you.
- Attend a webinar with Local Enterprise Office (LEO)
- Fill out an online application and submit 3 quotes from your web developers.
- If you get a yes from LEO, you choose one web developer to do your web project. Their quote works like a checklist of what needs to be done. It’s common to pay 50% deposit when the service begins. When all items from the quote are completed, you make the final payment to your web developer. You get a receipt.
- You bring this receipt to LEO. They ask you to fill out one more form.
- You get what you spent back from LEO.
We offer two ways of working. If you’re in a hurry, yes, we can launch your branded website fast, in 1 or 2 weeks.
But our clients stories show that it’s easier to launch branded websites if we work together for 6-12 weeks to ensure we have time to hear you and make the process as smooth as possible.
It depends on which service you choose. Although in web design process you will be needed to connect with your web designers for this amount of time:
- Planning Stage: When service starts, connect with us for 1-2 hours consultation time:
- First consultation is about our Project Plan when we discuss your our website project scope, website goals, your target audience
- Sharing your passwords (web hosting and WordPress if you have it setup) and sharing bank details if you need an ecommerce addon
- Creating Stage: Allocate time for brand discovery sessions and brand revisions:
- Connect with us for 2-3 hours consultation time for Brand Guidelines service. We will discuss your inspirations and needs for a logo, colours, fonts, all connected to your business values
- 2 revisions of your completed brand guidelines document
- Allocate yourself a dedicated time to provide website texts or to work with a copywriter (which we can recommend)
- Website Approval Stage:
- 2 revisions of Website Layout Plan where you will see your website layout with a brand identity and website texts in a visual document, before the web development has started
- 2 revisions of completed live website
- Training stage: 2 hours of training on how you can update your website
- Completion stage: Allocate yourself time to make the payments to us and fill out forms if you’re in TOV programme (Ireland)
Read more about tools we’ll use to create your business website on our Web Design page.